- To manage the services we provide to you and to administer and manage your record(s)
- To improve and develop the products and services we offer
- To respond to any query that you may raise with us about your account.
- We do not capture information about you that is excessive in relation to the purposes for which it is processed
- We do not keep information for longer than is necessary and we will take steps to keep it up to date and accurate
- Please note that we may retain records for a time after discontinuing our service to you to resolve any subsequent queries and to comply with legislative requirements
- The right of access to personal data held on you (Subject Access Request) - please write to LCC Membership Team, 2 Newhams Row, London SE1 3UZ and please note that a fee will be payable as permitted by the Data Protection Act - currently £10 per person.
- The right, by notice in writing, requiring us to cease, or not begin, processing personal data where processing it is causing or likely to cause unwarranted substantial damage or distress save as provided for by the Data Protection Act.
- The right to require us not to use information about you for the purposes of direct marketing. Direct marketing means the communication by whatever means of any advertising or marketing material which is directed to you. We provide you with the facility to opt out from receiving direct marketing from us as part of our application process. We will however continue to send you information as required by legislation/ regulation, for example notice of the AGM, if applicable.
- The right, by notice in writing, requiring us to ensure that no decision taken by or on our behalf which significantly affects you is based solely on the automated processing of your information for the evaluation, for example, of your creditworthiness, reliability or conduct.
All copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content provided on this website belong to the London Cycling Campaign.
Visitors are encouraged to download material for personal use, though no right, title or interest in any download is transferred by such downloading.
We must provide permission for the use of any material, trademark or other prior to its placement in the public domain by parties other than London Cycling Campaign.
Photos placed on our site may not be reproduced without our permission.
On Line Transactions and Refund Policy.
If you have any questions about a payment made to LCC, please contact email@example.com LCC uses a secure payment gateway to handle online transactions. These systems have been developed over many years, use state-of-the-art technology, and undergo regular scrutiny from banking partners to ensure that they conform to high standards.
The gateway in place uses online live authorisation of cards over an SSL encrypted link. We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties. We will refund any transactions found to have resulted from an error made by us.
If you believe that your card has been used fraudulently on our site, please contact your card issuer and us immediately: 020 7234 9310.
This agreement does not affect your statutory rights.
When you browse the website, we automatically collect non-personal information about you, such as the type of internet browser you use or the website from which you linked to our website.
You cannot be identified from this information, rather it will only be used to assist us in providing a more effective service on our website:
for example, enabling us to assess which parts of the website are most popular and make sure that our website meets the needs of many diverse visitors.
Contacting us and your details
When you use our website, you may choose to contact us by sending an email using the 'Contact Us' page found in each section.
We will use your email address to respond to your query, and we will also keep a note of your query to help us improve our service.
We would also like to retain your email address in order that we can provide you with details about those of our activities which we think may be of interest to you from time to time.
If you do not wish us to use your email address to contact you in this way please tell us in your email.
Links to other sites.
Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of sites that we link to, and inclusion of the link does not indicate particular endorsement of the site or organisation.
We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our website and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information from them.
Reasonable steps have been taken to protect the website by the use of anti-virus software but we make no representation that the website will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy or reliability of the materials.
We will not be liable for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the website. We do not accept any liability for any losses or damages caused by or through accessing our website.
London Cycling Campaign Ltd ('we' or 'us') is registered, under the UK Data Protection Act 1998, to collect and process data.
We will deal with any personal information that you provide to us when you use our website in accordance with the provisions of UK data protection laws.
How we collect your information
We collect the personal information (eg, name, address) you provide when you apply to us for any of our products and services and which is provided by you from time to time.
We will also collect information about you when you register to use the services provided on this website. London Cycling Campaign does not collect 'Sensitive Data' as defined by the Data Protection Act.
How we use the information we collect
The information will be included within our database system and maintained within paper files where appropriate. The information will be used for a number of purposes which are outlined here:
Does anyone else share the information?
London Cycling Campaign may from time to time work with partner organsiations who help deliver certain projects and services. We will notify you at the time if and what information will be shared. We will not pass your details onto to third parties without your permission.
Security of information submitted.
We look after your data by having in place appropriate levels of security which take into account the nature of the data and the harm that might result from a breach of security. In addition:
You have certain rights under Data Protection Act in relation to the information we hold about you and these are outlined below: